It has a really light and lemony flavor and is perfect for a week night meal!
Let me know if you try this recipe out!
Pasta with Salmon, Mushroom, & Spinach
1/4 c olive oil
2 T margarine or butter
1/2 sliced onion
1 package sliced white or baby bella mushrooms
6 cloves garlic, minced
3 T white wine
zest & juice from 1.5 lemons
2 pieces cooked salmon, torn into small pieces
1 box ziti (or similar - I used a hollow corkscrew pasta because somehow I was out of ziti and pene)
1/2 package fresh spinach, cleaned - or one head broccoli florets,washed
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente ** if using broccoli, add to pasta water the last 3 minutes of cooking time
- Drain pasta and set aside
- Heat olive oil and butter in medium saute pan
- Add sliced onion and saute 3 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms, cook an additional 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cook 1 minute
- Add white wine, lemon juice, zest, and salmon
- Heat 1-2 minutes
- Add cooked pasta, toss and heat an additional minute. ** If adding fresh spinach, add with pasta and cook an additional minute
- Serve topped with fresh Parmesan.
Linking up: Somewhat Simple, Between u and me, It's a Keeper, Lamb Around