Thursday, March 10, 2011

Charlotte's Minnie Birthday - Crafty stuff & Favors

I figured I'd combine my Invites, craft, and favors into one post:

The Invites
Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

I got the idea from searching around on etsy. Once I figured out what I wanted to do, I went and designed them in photoshop. Then I got the invites printed out as postcards from Vistaprint. Since I had ordered my annual family calendars and our holiday cards through there I had 100 free postcards (only paying shipping). I'm a huge fan of Vistaprint! The invites turned out AWESOME!


The Craft
The party was at the park, but I wanted the kids to have something to do over around the food. That said, I was watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse one day that they were showing pictures of Mickey birthday parties that people sent in and I caught a glimpse of kids wearing paper Mickey ears that had been scribbled on. 
Click to enlarge

So I decided that for the party, the kids would get to color on their own paper Mickey ears and then wear them around the party if they wanted to. I putzed around in photoshop for a little while and came up with my ears . I printed them on cardstock, punched holes in each side and attached yarn to tie around their heads. It figures that I didn't get one picture of the kids wearing them, but I swear they did!
Click to enlarge


The Favors
 Between the dollar store and the dollar aisles at Target I found foam Minnie and Mickey books. Add in some stickers, raisins, and suckers and you've got a decent little favor. For the big hurrah I was going to make mickey shaped rice krispie treats. Unfortunately the cookie cutter would have only yielded 6 ears per batch of treats, and it was too late to mold them by hang (which mom said wouldn't work, but I disagree). Also, it was the night before the party and we were EXHAUSTED! So we stuck with cutting them out into squares, bagging them individually, and putting on a cute *tag that I designed in photoshop. Oh well... you can't win them all.


* I LOVE making these little tags for party favors and diaper cakes. That 2" scalloped craft punch has gotten a lot of work between baby showers, bridal showers, party favors, and diaper cakes... I really recommend one!


 Linking up: The Tattered Tag, House of Hepworths
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you went to a lot of work on this birthday party! It turned out adorable! Thanks for visiting my blog!
    Trina @ alove2create.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much FUN! Love all your cute details :)

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...