Friday, October 28, 2011

Silicone Collegiate Cupcake & Cake Pans

Check out the cupcakes and cake that I made for last weekends
birthday weekend / trip to Clemson!!!
Click to enlarge
Talk about the PERFECT game day dessert!
You will be the envy of all other tailgates, in fact, I was!!! I had a girl from the next tailgate over (who happened to be from TN) ask to take a picture of my cake. I, of course, said SURE, and then once she took her picture I mentioned that they sell the pans for Tennessee too and I told her to head on over Game Day Tackle for all of her game day needs (including the awesome Silicone Pans).

I used a simple cake mix (I was running a little late the night before we had to wake up at 5am to head out to tailgate), and then we made a butter cream icing, dyed it orange (duh!), and, using my decorator bags, covered the top of the paw in dots. Finally, I sprinkled on some orange and white sprinkles. And... VOILA!
If I had a little more time (and hadn't dyed ALL of my icing orange, I would have used white and piped a thin line to outline the paw and in between the toes to make it pop more, but again... we were getting up at 5am for some TAILGATING!

The cupcake pan is ALSO perfect for molding dips for a little extra team spirit.
click to enlarge
The white dip in the back right is firmer so it held the "paw" shape better, but you still get the idea with the front left one! You may want to click the picture to enlarge it to see all the fantastic (hee hee) detail!

Top the tailgate off with some orange and purple jello jiggler shots and you've got one fun orange & purple Clemson tailgate!!

To purchase your own Silicone Cake or Cupcake Pan, head over to Game Day Tackle! Many schools represented: LSU, Auburn, Clemson, Michigan, UNC, Texas Tech, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Illinois, Boise State, Florida, and MANY more!

Jello Jiggler shots
(ie. Jello Shots with out a cup):
3 packages jello
1 box (with 4 packages inside) Knox Gelatine; found with the jello

Combine jello and the 4 packages of Gelatine in a large bowl.
While whisking, add 2 cups boiling water and stir 2 minutes until incorporated.
Add 2 cups vodka (yes, room temperature or cold is fine) and stir
Pour into a 9x13 glass baking dish and set in fridge until firm.
Once firm to the touch, turn jello out onto wax paper (plastic wrap works fine too).
Cut into shapes or squares and store in Tupperware.

So I didn't take a "finished" picture... but here is how I brought them to the game
Super easy to store! No trash after you "shoot" it :)

AWESOME DAY IN CLEMSON!

Linking up: Lamb Around, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Remodelaholic, Delicate Construction, Ladybird Ln, Faith, Trust, & Pixie Dust, Naptime Crafters, Lolly Jane, Creating my way to Success, Nifty Thrifty Thigns, Homework, Blackberry Vine, Not Just a Housewife, A Bowl FUll of Lemson
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I have those same pans! :) Don't you just love Saturdays in Death Valley?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiff, nice and ABSOLUTELY I love Saturdays in Death Valley! I only wish I lived closer :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, new follower from the Sundae Blog Hop, http://babyfeetandpuppybreath.blogspot.com/
    Hope you can drop by, say hello and follow me back, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those moulds sound great! The cakes and dips look awesome!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! As a Clemson grad, I need to get these for game day. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun. Thanks so much for linking up to Fabulous Friday!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...