This is by FAR one of the best Tilapia recipes that I have tried; the tomatoes add this wonderful sweet and juicy-ness to the Tilapia and the lemon drizzled on top after the baking is superb!! Best of all, it is SUPER easy to put together.
This recipe is definitely a keeper!
Tilapia (I used 3 filets, but should have used 4 for the 2.5 of us)
1/2 t pepper
1/2 t salt
1 t basil
1/2 t oregano
1 t onion powder
1 t minced garlic
3 T, separated olive oil
Fresh washed spinach with stems removed
tomatoes (I used plum) sliced thinly
scallions or onion finely diced
1. Grease a baking dish and arrange tilapia in one layer on bottom
2. Sprinkle the tilapia with the salt, pepper, basil, oregano, onion powder, garlic and 2T of the olive oil
3. Layer the spinach, onion, and tomato slices on top.
4. Drizzle with 1T more of the olive oil
5. Sprinkle (or coat... I like cheese) with the fresh Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake at 400* for 20-25 minutes
7. Remove from oven and drizzle with some lemon juice (I used a bottle of lemon juice and just drizzled over tilapia... maybe 1T worth.