Thursday, October 11, 2012

{Pinned there, Done that - birthday edition} Balloon Garland

To be honest, much of this car birthday party was {Pinned there, Done that}... but I digress. So I came across this super fun Balloon Garland over at Young House Love and of course... I pinned it.

Since the party was at the park, I wanted to do some easy decorating, but I didn't feel like spending the money at the party store for some balloon bunches. So I decided to do the balloon garland route.

Originally, I was going to drape it from one end of the park shelter to the other across some beams or something .... but after visiting the shelter and taking some pictures I realized this shelter had NO beams whatsoever; it was solid wood.

However, there were posts... so I decided to alternate crepe paper and balloon garland on the posts surrounding the party. And since the balloon garland could be done at home in advance, it would be relatively easy. See... here is my entryway the day before the party.

Voila. Clearly I should have stepped further back for the full effect, but you can see how it turned out! I just taped the string that the balloons were tied to to the top and bottom of the pole and wrapped everything around.


Side note... for the first 2 garlands, I neatly stuffed them into a large black garbage bag for the travel to the park.... I did not however for the 3rd. SO, this is where it ended up... completely jumbled and untangle-able.

Enjoy!

Linking up: Happy go LuckyTatertots and Jello , Young & Crafty , Crafty Moms Share , Bacontime , Shaken Together , Ladybird Ln ,  Creating my way to Success  , Our Delightful Home , 
Blackberry Vine , Chef in Training , Carolyns Homework , Vintage Wanna Bee , Elizabeth & Co , My Girlish Whims , Gingersnap Crafts , DIY by Design , Shwin & Shwin ,

 Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. What fun ideas for birthdays. H party is Sun so I am going look through. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love balloons. My god daughter always makes me do the static makes your hair stand up on end trick so they wouldn't stay on the garland long!

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Cusiosity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to make a balloon garland! Love it!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how fun!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been going through all your Birthday parties and loving each one of them...
    And thank you for stopping by earlier at my blog.

    -Priyam @ http://priyam-simplejoys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...