Sunday, October 28, 2012

Car Birthday - Pinata

The 3rd post in my Car Birthday series is to show off the car pull-pinata that I made. The inspiration for the pull-pinata was from Young House Love. How adorable is that pinata by the way?

Anyway, for my first pinata, I figured I'd go easy and use what I had around the house.
Boxes, Tape, and ribbon.

Priority Mail box and 2 car fruit snack boxes
I made a few holes in the top for hanging the pinata and then flipping the box over I made a "door" and hole punches in the door to thread the pulling ribbon through.

Door on the bottom of the pinata
I started decorating the top of the car with crepe paper. Initially I followed some tips to tear small squares of crepe paper and glue them on the box. BUT that was WAY too time consuming so what I ended up doing was running a strip of glue across the box in a line, and then pressing and scrunching a long strip of crepe paper on the glue until the end point. Then I tore it. MUCH EASIER and quicker (let me know if you have questions on this step. Clearly, I did not take pictures)

 Before decorating the bottom I filled it with the stash. What I didn't picture was how I closed the door. I taped pieces of cardboard over the door with flaps hanging over. It was strong enough to keep the candy and stuff in while hanging there, but once the kids got a hold of the ribbon, it opened easy enough.


The stash of goodies

Final product!
Passing out the pull ribbons

The aftermath :)


Linking up: Keeping it Simple , Under the Table Dreaming , Marvelously Messy , Creating my way to Success , The Girl Creative , Making the World Cuter, My Girlish Whims , Raegun Wear , Gingersnap Crafts , Our Delightful Home , Blackberry Vine , Romance on a Dime , Homework , Our Delightful Home , Chef in Training , Shwin and Shwin , Elizabeth and Co , Vintage Wanna Bee , A Bowl Full of Lemons , Christy's Cuties , Vintage Gwen ,  Someday Crafts , Dragonfly Designs , Trendy Treehouse , Sew Much Ado , Crafty Blog Stalker ,  Delightful Order , Live Laugh Rowe , Between U and Me , Happy Go Lucky , Ladybird Ln , 
Shaken Together , Naptime Crafters , Crafty Moms Share , Faith Trust and Pixie Dust ,

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. how cute are these ideas! I am going to pin it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great pinata!!!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never saw a pinata done with pull strings...great idea and really cute car. Thanks for this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks fantastic! Nice job!! Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea!! Thank you so much for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - you actually MADE your own piñata!? Some people are so industrious. Thanks so much for sharing this at my linky party.

    Warmly, Michelle
    Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...