Saturday, February 11, 2012

{Pinned there, Done that} Oven Baked "fried" Pickles

Cute title, huh? Sooooo not an original thought, though.

I was trying to find a cute way of saying "completed pins" so I googled "pinned and done" and a few results down was this link to a pinterest board called "Pinned there, Done that"by Stacy at she's {Kinda} Crafty so I borrowed it. Actually, more googling found a website actually called Pin there, Done That... but I digress.

SO... hubby is at drill all weekend so I decide to try out these Oven Baked Fried Pickles (see, it is in my "Completed Pins" board, what what!). This is from the blog Schilling Times but the original pin that she was inspired by was deleted.

Not my results
original src: unknown
Oven baked "fried" pickles
Makes 6 servings.
Ingredients

  • 1 jar pickle slices
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup flour
  • 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp hot sauce
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
  • Ranch dressing + hot sauce for dipping
Directions

  1. Turn oven broiler on high.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and flour. Add Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, and pepper. Mix well.
  3. Place panko bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Dunk each pickle slice into the egg mixture, than dredge it in the panko bread crumbs.
  4. Place coated pickles on a rack set above a baking sheet and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Place pan in the middle rack of the oven. Broil for about 3 minutes on each side.
  5. Serve with Ranch dressing and a dash of hot sauce.

I of course did not have pickle slices on hand... I had spears. SOOOO I sliced those, meaning I had a LOT of pickles to dunk and dredge (although I did half the recipe since it was just the girls and I).
My version.... less pleasing to the eye than the original :)
Yum! Very tasty... we all loved them (even my 16 month old, but the ranch might have had something to do with it)
Enjoy! Happy Pinning :)

Linking up: CRAFTSarahndipities, 
My Girlish Whims
Someday Crafts
Little Lucy Lu  ,
Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering! And as soon as I am done typing I am going to see if I have any pickles... these are SO on the menu for tomorrow :D
    I'd love it if you'd link up at my Pinned it, Made it Party! its for all pinterest inspired projects http://findingmywayintexas.blogspot.com/2012/02/pinned-it-made-it-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that picture of your girls enjoying their pickles is so cute! My 16-month-old is a pretty good eater, too, so I just might have to give this a try. :) Thanks for sharing!

    Kim @ Little Rays of Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they do look pretty tasty! Great your kids loved them too!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to try these. Hubby and I saw a sign outside Zaxby's - where we had never eaten - for fried pickles. We ordered two of them from the drive-through. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious! I definitely want to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to try fried pickles because I'm a HUGE fan of pickles:) I'm pinning these and I might just try these at our next party. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so confused on step #4.... you place these tiny pickles on the oven rack with a baking sheet underneath to catch I guess the panko crumbs, then you broil to crisp & then flip each one over individually to broil again?
    If this is what I'm reading sounds like too much heat to deal with and tedious step if you are making these for a party appetizer. Is this what I'm reading to do?
    Help soooooooooooo confused

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure she means something like a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet so the pickles crisp on all sides. Not right on the oven rack, which I agree would be hard. I would lose half of them. =) Hope this helps!

      Delete
    2. Yes, 2nd anonymous was correct. I used one of my cookie cooling racks on top of the baking pan.
      These were yummy, but yeah it was a bit of work.

      Delete
  8. When you take them out of the oven to flip them, do you think it would work to lay a second cooking spray coated cooling rack on top of them, then just flip them over as one unit...then remove the initial cooling rack from the top of the newly turned pickles before placing them back in the oven? You'd have to wash a second rack, but if it works, it would be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant!! That would work with other things, too!!!

      Delete
  9. These are my favorite!! I can't get enough of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made these this evening, I didn't like the Panko to much, next time I will try plain bread crumbs

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you use the sandwich stackers (?? i think that is what they are called) you have less work - fewer to dip, dredge, and flip but still a good coating to pickle ratio! my at the time 4 year old and I made a similar recipe and she LOVES the messy part of dipping and dredging! She also liked the pickles, but I really think she liked making them better than eating them :)

    jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  12. So what's the flour for? Mix with the bread crumbs Im assuming??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nevermind.. I missed where you mixed it with eggs..

    ReplyDelete
  14. What kind of pickle? Spears or chips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can use whatever kind you want.

      Delete
  15. Thanks for sharing the recipe. My mom likes fried pickles and got me hooked on them too, so I made these for us while I was home at Christmas. I linked my blog readers to your recipe in case they wanted to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I go to a place that does the whole spears...definitely doable! Can't wait to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I crimpled up aluminum foil and laid it on a cookie sheet to allow air and browning both sides. Was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never had fried pickles before, but when I came across this recipe I had to try it! These are amazing! Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give
    a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading your blog
    posts. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same subjects?
    Many thanks!

    Take a look at my web-site - handyman charges

    ReplyDelete
  20. We just had fried pickles at Chili's and they were very tasty. Can't wait to try baked "fried" pickles. Love "Pinned there, done that" as a board title. My husband describes things as "pinteresting" now.

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...