Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Use Hairbow as a shirt pin {DIY clever idea}

Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I thought this was a pretty good idea!
Instead of making BOTH a hair bow AND a shirt pin... just make one.

It all stemmed out of laziness on my part. I was planning on making some turkey hair bows (Girly things Bows) for my daughters and their cousin.
Tutorial at Girly things Bows 

Then I came across these some beige sweater dresses for the girls and thought that I could use them for both Thanksgiving AND Christmas by adding a festive pin to it. BUT, I didn't feel like making 6 of the SAME turkey bow (half with shirt pins and half with hair clips) so I just made one for each girl and used safety pins to attach them to the dress. I am happy to say that the bows STAYED! Even on the rugrat to the far right who was not a happy camper.
* I used alligator clips for my bows
On the left, the turkey hair bow and my girls have the pin on their dresses


All I did was:
1. Figure out where I wanted the bow to go and insert 2 pins (for stability, although 1 may work fine) in the shirt from the inside so the main part of the pin is on the inside of your shirt.

Outside of shirt

Inside of shirt
 2. Flip the shirt right side out and slide the clip through both safety pins and...
Slide clip through safety pins
 3. Voila! We now have a shirt pin!


Enjoy!!

Linking up: Southern Lovely, Someday Crafts, Sweet Peas and BB, Twin Dragonfly Designs, Handyman Crafty Woman, Momnivores Dilema, It's A Keeper, Between You and Me, The Crafty Blog Stalker, Love Sweet Love, House of Hepworths, Gluesticks, Sun Scholars, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Lady Bird Ln, Christies Cuties, 5 minutes just for me, Bacon Time, Sarahndipities, CRAFT, Chef in Training, A Bowl full of Lemons, Not just a Housewife, Homework, Creating my way to Success

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Cute cute idea!! New follower here. Would love it if you would stop by and share this at my linky party going on right now :) http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/11/bedazzle-me-monday-10.html

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cleaver idea! I really like the cute turkey. I have never been into having shirts just for one occasion. It seem like a waste, the pins with the clip is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous little turkeys! Great idea to use them in different ways!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI! Visiting from Sugar bee crafts. Whats a great idea.. so smart!

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...