Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Recipe::. Chicken Noodle Soup {Easy & Hearty}

I have a new favorite soup recipe, then again... "winter" is on its way and there will be TONS more soup recipes tried. The word winter is quoted because I live in Florida and am sitting here in shorts and t-shirt as I write this.

Anyway, mom gave me this recipe and we LOVE it. The girls love it and hubby had 3 helpings!

Chicken Noodle Soup {Easy & Hearty}


INGREDIENTS
Poultry - rotisserie, I've used leftover smoked turkey, whatever. I used about 1/3 of the rotisserie this time. How much you ask? In the words of my grandma, "until it looks right".
1-2 boxes of LOW SODIUM chicken broth; this is more of a "Stew" than a "soup", so don't put TOO much broth in. I added more broth periodically as I added ingredients
2 t white wine
1 t sesame oil (or more)
2 T soy *don't add any salt until you taste it because Soy sauce is salty
Noodles - In this case I used my grandma's homemade noodles, but I usually use half of a container of these chopped into bite-sized pieces
Noodles
Handful or so of shredded carrots
1 box of mushrooms, chopped
3-4 scallions, sliced
Package (or 2 handfuls or so) snow peas, cut into 1inch pieces

DIRECTIONS
Place 1.5 boxes of chicken broth into a pot and bring to a boil.
Add wine, sesame oil, soy, chicken & noodles and lower heat to medium.
Cook noodles to "al dente" (look at time instructions on package of noodles).
If it thickens too much, add some broth.
Add carrots and cook for 3 minutes.
Add mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
Add scallions and cook for 1 minute.
Add snow peas and cook for 1 minute.
Salt & pepper to taste.

Enjoy!


Linking up: Vintage Wanna Bee, Chef in Training, Gingersnap Crafts, My Girlish Whims, Sew Much Ado, Handy Man crafty Woman, Bacon Time, Sweet P & BB, Someday Crafts, Remodelaholic, Vintagegwen, DIY By Design, Twin Dragonfly Designs, Momnivores Dilemma, It;s a Keeper, Gluesticks, Crafty Blog Stalker, NaptimeCrafters, Lamb Around, Delicate Construction
Photobucket,

2 comments:

  1. This soup looks awesome. I have the worst cold right now and this would probably help. Thanks for sharing at DIYbyDesign's Fall into Fall party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this sounds so yummy! My husband wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole! I guess that'd leave more for me! Ha!
    Thanks for sharing at Show & Share girl!

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...