Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Mimi's Birthday Gift {Pinterest Inspired}

I FINALLY completed a project from my Pinterest "To-Attempt" board. YAY!

My mother-in-law is the kind of person who buys herself everything that she could possibly want, need, and not need in a million years. Which leaves holidays and birthdays quite difficult to purchase a gift for. I decided to go homemade and "from the girls" this year.

I made Handprint/Footprint plaques from over at Homemade Grits.

They turned out pretty good for someone who can NOT make dough (see my homemade pizza dough night for reference). I figured it out eventually after adding LOTS of flour. Also, I'm not very good at rolling out dough, so I just made a ball and flattened it so clearly it is not as pretty as Homemade Grits's but my mother-in-law enjoyed them. Plus, trying to get a 1 year old to press her hand into dough and NOT make a fist is near impossible; we have a ball though!

Mimi's Gift - Tote & girls handprints
I decorated the girls some shirts and my mother-in-law a tote with an iron-on that says "There's no place like home" around the outside and "except Mimi's" in the middle. PS - the scalloped edges look adorable but were a PAIN in the rear to cut out!! [Must get silhouette machine!! :) ]
Lousy camera phone picture


Lastly, I made her a coupon book from the girls including coupons good for one visit to the mall play area, Busch Gardens, a pizza night, sleep over party, lunch and dinner outings and more.

Not that she will use ANY of the gifts... but she enjoyed us coming over to play and have dinner which is all she really wants from us anyway.

PS - If you are interested in my PSD or JPG file for the shirts/tote please drop me a line; I would be more than happy to share.

Linking up: Momnivores Dilemma, It's a Keeper, Gluesticks, Crafty Blog Stalker, Nap Time Crafters, Lamb Around, Delicate Construction
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. These turned out darling. I'd love you to add them to my link party at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...