Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekly Meal Plan {plus last weeks review}

So THIS post is sort of delayed... but that is because we were out of town.... again! My birthday was during the week, but we celebrated ALL WEEKEND at my parents house and then in Clemson  (who, by the way, is ranked #5 now... woo hoo!!).
Birthday Celebration  #1
Notice my "funny" hubby included some "over the hill" candles.
I know he thinks he's funny but...he turns 31 this year!

Birthday Celebration  #2 (at my parents house)
Birthday Celebration #3
GO CLEMSON!!



We just got home this afternoon and I was in NO mood to plan out a menu, but I gave it a half-hearted shot:

SUNDAY
We were in GA and had mom's spaghetti sauce, YUM!

MONDAY - Finally home 8 hours later!
Was a mashup of leftover ham (thanks mom), a store bought quiche (ick) and some chef boyardee for the kiddos.

TUESDAY
Chef Salad (it was a calorie-heavy weekend, so we need a break!)

WEDNESDAY
Pasta with Salmon, Mushroom, & Spinach


THURSDAY
Dad's Favorite Spicy Garlic Shrimp


FRIDAY (downtown Trick or Treating AND....)
Sausage & Ravioli Lasagna, courtesy of Southern Living

SATURDAY
CLEMSON GAME!!! So.... I'm going to go with tailgate food, although I haven't decided yet.

LAST WEEKS MEALS:
I did ok with photographing last weeks meals... it's a process! Anyway, here are the shots I did get:

Pecan Crusted Chicken with Mushrooms & Rice
YUM YUM YUM!

Tilapia with Spinach & Tomatoes
Always a favorite!

Roadside Diner Cheeseburger Quiche
AMAZING!
So funny story about the Quiche... hubby does not do "egg" for dinner. Eggs are for breakfast (weirdo!). So I, who has been dying to try this recipe, do not tell him what we are having until after he has said "hmmmm house smells good" and it is almost ready.  I tell him, "it's a quiche" (quite happy with myself). Well he goes "I DON'T LIKE QUICHE, I've never liked quiche" (and so on a so forth). I, of course, get offended (I spent all day, blah blah blah and I didn't know you didn't like quiche), and say, well you HAVE to eat a bite, then if you don't like it, you can call for sushi.

With phone in hand, he tentatively takes a bite (and I'm sitting here fuming because hubby is an inconsiderate #$%*&*#$&$@*#) and I hear ".... actually it's pretty good".

Hubby had 4 helpings. Ha!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a great birthday! I am a new follower from gotomommy.blogspot.com and forget-u-knot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follow from the hop!

    http://igiveugetgiveaways.com

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...