Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pizza Night #12: Spinach, Ricotta, and Mozzarella (Oh My!) Pizza

... and there's some pesto in there too.
Oh. My. Awesome. Pizza! I was looking for a white spinach pizza recipe and wasn't having much luck until I happened upon Selfish Mom 's Spinach Pesto Pizza. I REALLY liked the idea of the pesto and spinach, but I'm not a fan of refrigerated pizza crust OR feta cheese. So I took the spinach, pesto, and tomatoes and then added in some ricotta and mozzarella (and fresh pizza dough). AWESOME!

Spinach, Ricotta, & Mozzarella Pizza
Pizza Dough (I prefer freshly made dough from my grocery store bakery section)
4T pesto (I use Barilla jarred pesto)
8 oz fresh mozzarella
14oz can petit diced tomatoes, drained
8oz package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
4oz ricotta (I am guesstimating here, I put in a few spoonfuls)
3T butter
~1/2 t garlic salt
~1/2 t cajun
cornmeal

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400*
2. Combine thawed/drained spinach, pesto, diced tomatoes, & ricotta in a bowl and set aside.
3. Roll out and/or toss pizza dough and place on pan/pizza stone (yes, I still need to buy a pizza stone)  covered with a handful of cornmeal.

4. Melt butter and add garlic salt, cajun seasoning and mix.
5. Brush butter mixture onto pizza dough and bake 6 minutes.

6. Remove from oven and spread spinach mixture onto pizza dough.

7. Top with slices of fresh mozzarella.
8. Bake 15 minutes or so until mozzarella cheese is melted.

Yum yum yum!!!


The ONLY thing that would have made this recipe better was to add some diced up chicken... and some fresh basil leaves on top!

Pizza Night #12 - TOTAL COMPLETE Success!
Movie Night: Rango (not a fan of the movie... kinda a weird, but whatev)
Enjoy!

Linking up: Little Rays of Sunshine, Running with Glitter, Sarahndipities, Delicateconstruction, Making the World Cuter, Tales of a Trophy Wife, Sweet Ps and BB, Women Who Do It ALl, Dragonfly Designs, Crafty Blog Stalker, House of Hepworths, It's A Keeper, Momnivores Dilema, Ladybird Ln, Naptime Crafters, Delicate Construction, Just a Girl, Faith Trust Pixie Dust, Making the World Cuter, Keeping it Simple, Remodelaholic
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Hi There!
    Following you from the hop! :) Hope you can visit and follow me!

    Your new bloggy friend,
    Angie
    {A Little Inspiration}
    www.littleinspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh that looks sooo good. Just the last photo makes me want to make it!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pizza looks AWESOME! You took all of my favorite foods and put them together for one fantastic looking dinner. I am definitely trying this! I'll have to look for fresh pizza dough in our bakery section. I don't think I've ever seen it before, but maybe that's because I'm not looking. :)

    Thanks for sharing with So Sweet Sundays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We LOVE to make homemade pizza,but ours doesn't look that good! LOL
    Visiting from the hop,and your newest GFC and NB follower. Stop by when you can!
    Steph
    www.facebook.com/debtfreespending
    www.debtfreespending.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great pizza! New follower on GFC, come by and say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummo! I love your assistant's tutu :) Thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is looks so yummy. And how adorable is your little girl peeking in the oven. Love the photos. Thank you for linking up to Fab Friday. Please come back next week!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...