... and there's some pesto in there too.
Oh. My. Awesome. Pizza! I was looking for a white spinach pizza recipe and wasn't having much luck until I happened upon Selfish Mom 's Spinach Pesto Pizza. I REALLY liked the idea of the pesto and spinach, but I'm not a fan of refrigerated pizza crust OR feta cheese. So I took the spinach, pesto, and tomatoes and then added in some ricotta and mozzarella (and fresh pizza dough). AWESOME!
Spinach, Ricotta, & Mozzarella Pizza
Pizza Dough (I prefer freshly made dough from my grocery store bakery section)
4T pesto (I use Barilla jarred pesto)
8 oz fresh mozzarella
14oz can petit diced tomatoes, drained
8oz package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
4oz ricotta (I am guesstimating here, I put in a few spoonfuls)
~1/2 t garlic salt
~1/2 t cajun
1. Preheat oven to 400*
2. Combine thawed/drained spinach, pesto, diced tomatoes, & ricotta in a bowl and set aside.
3. Roll out and/or toss pizza dough and place on pan/pizza stone (yes, I still need to buy a pizza stone) covered with a handful of cornmeal.
4. Melt butter and add garlic salt, cajun seasoning and mix.
5. Brush butter mixture onto pizza dough and bake 6 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and spread spinach mixture onto pizza dough.
7. Top with slices of fresh mozzarella.
Yum yum yum!!!
The ONLY thing that would have made this recipe better was to add some diced up chicken... and some fresh basil leaves on top!
Pizza Night #12 - TOTAL COMPLETE Success!
Movie Night: Rango (not a fan of the movie... kinda a weird, but whatev)
Linking up: Little Rays of Sunshine, Running with Glitter, Sarahndipities, Delicateconstruction, Making the World Cuter, Tales of a Trophy Wife, Sweet Ps and BB, Women Who Do It ALl, Dragonfly Designs, Crafty Blog Stalker, House of Hepworths, It's A Keeper, Momnivores Dilema, Ladybird Ln, Naptime Crafters, Delicate Construction, Just a Girl, Faith Trust Pixie Dust, Making the World Cuter, Keeping it Simple, Remodelaholic