Monday, July 25, 2011

My first sewing project!!

So all along I've been saying that I can no sew to save my life!! Everyone tells me that it's decently easy, but I have never quite taken the plunge... UNTIL TODAY!
I am happy to announce that I have made my first real sewing project (embroidery doesn't count in my opinion, all you do is pick the thread, set up the fabric, stabilize, and program the machine).
Ok technically, this is like my second project, the first one was a bib and burp cloth that I made last year for a friends baby shower... but my mother-in-law was supervising (which reminds me, I should make more burp cloths as gifts).

So anyway, for my FIRST EVER SEWING PROJECT (by myself), I followed Make and Takes quick and easy tutorial for a hooded towel... and EVEN I could do it!! I used (half of) a hand towel and a normal size towel.

Not too shabby for my first project, and Charlotte LOVES it! ... and I'm pretty proud of myself, haha.

It IS a little pointy for my taste, so I'm going to round the hood a little more for attempt #2.

When I get braver, I'm going to attempt a slightly harder (and more funhooded towel tutorial over at Not Just a Housewife.

Wish me luck!!

#24 on my To-Attempt List completed.

Linking up: Blackberry Vine, Bacon Time, Not just a Housewife, Homework
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Good job! I am just getting into sewing and love it. Have no idea how to do embroidery though!
    New follower from the Tuesday blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the towel! So cute!

    New follower form the Tuesday hop!

    http://thriftyninja.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your stuff looks much nicer than my first project did :) I am a new follower from the Tuesday hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yipee! Looks like you did great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    Stopping by from the Tuesday Hops to say hello.
    Come on by and visit if you can.
    POSH
    http://poshonabudget.com/2011/07/tuesday-friend-connect.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    Love the hooded towel. You did a great job. I'm your newest follower from the blog hop.
    Laura
    http://imsovintage.blogspot.com/2011/07/upcycled-vintage-ladder-decor.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the towel looks amazing! Can't imagine what it would look like if I tried it because I truly can't sew to save my life. New follower from the blog hop :)

    Debbie
    http://www.designedexpressions.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Stevie!
    Nice job on the hooded towel! It looks so cozy! Thanks so much for sharing it at the Tuesday To Do Party!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so clever! I am so bad at sewing I wouldn't even dare trying to make this. Good on you!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...