Saturday, August 3, 2013

On the road again...

The girls and I head out this morning for our whirlwind road trip from Florida up to my parents house in Georgia for half a day to pick up my mom (and sleep), then on to Illinois to see my 95 year old Grandma on the farm for a few days, then we hit Kentucky for a day to see my "Grandma Martha", then back to Georgia to drop mom back off and rest for a day... and then we will make it back home to Florida a short week before school starts.

Where DID the summer go? Sheesh. I'm not ready for Charlotte to be going to school 5 days a week for VPK.


Here are the girls showing daddy where we are going on the first leg of the trip.

We stopped by the AAA office the other day to get a USA, Southeastern states, and Northeastern states map so we could track our progress. The girls are really excited about the maps.

On the way to the grocery yesterday, Charlotte had out the Southeastern states map and said, "Is the grocery on this map? I want to track us". I told her, no, the map was a little too big to see our neighborhood so I had to get on google and print out a few maps to show her our planned route for the day. She got a kick out of it.

I could be totally wrong here... but I highly doubt many kids have any clue how to read a map. I like that Charlotte is so interested! I used to love to follow along on the map during my own childhood road trips to Illinois and Kentucky.

Wish us luck on our LOOOOOONG road trip with the 3 girls!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...