Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Birthday Sneak peak::. Mickey Cookies

With Charlotte's 2nd birthday fast approaching, I am scouring the Internet and racking my brain for some cute and clever ideas and recipes to use for her Minnie/Mickey Mouse themed birthday party at the park.

Last week, after googling "mickey birthday" and "mickey recipes", I came across a blog post here where a mom was baking chocolate chocolate chip cookies and accidentally made mickey ears.

I figured this would be a PERFECT addition to my snack and dessert table at the birthday party. I decided to use my Chocolate Button Cookie Recipe to make these. They are a fudgy cookie that I make for all holidays, I just switch the color non-pareils I use when I flatten the cookie. For my mickey cookies I left off the non-pareils.

ANDY'S CHOCOLATE BUTTONS

* again with the whole naming recipes after a family member thing... Andy is my oldest brother
12 oz. pkg semisweet chocolate chips
4 T. butter or margarine
14 oz. can Eagle Brand
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. chopped pecans
1 t. vanilla


GREASE COOKIE SHEETS. Melt chocolate and butter in microwave. Add Eagle Brand, flour, pecans and vanilla. Stir well. Drop by rounded teaspoon balls. Flatten slightly with glass. (For Christmas, I dip the glass in white or red sprinkles then flatten. Halloween is orange, football season is orange and purple, etc)


Bake at 325 deg. for 8 to 10 min. They should be chewy like fudge.

Since these cookies do not spread when baked, I had to manually put together the Mickey head. I used 1 scoop for the head and split one scoop for each ear. I then rolled and flattened the head, then rolled both ears and overlapped the head slightly, then flattened all together. I found that overlapping made the ears less likely to fall off. In fact, last night only one cookie fell apart (I used that cookie for quality assurance purposes... it passed)

Unbaked cookies

Flatten cookie with bottom of glass

Finished product (minus maybe a Minnnie bow of some sort)

Linking up: Gluesticks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...