Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day blog land, I hope you have something lovely planned (if you want it).

I don't do much (correction... this year I did NOTHING) in terms of decorating for Valentine's day, but I did squeeze in some craftiness:
Photo Valentines

Teacher Gifts
PS - I have an obsession with paint penning... and I'm ok with that

The girls in their matching outfits today with...


... the doily painted t-shirts that I made
(I believe I saw this in the Parenting Magazine)

In last year's valentine's post I shared how this is NOT really a holiday that hubby and I celebrate ... and I'm ok with that. We don't have to spend hundreds of dollars on dinner, flowers, and gifts (although I do insist hubby picks me up a card).

To add onto last years list of our Valentine's Day's throughout our dating and married life, this year is much of the same; low-key and not romantic:

2012: Dinner with hubby, the girls, and hubbys mom at our house.

2011: Hubby leaves ON Valentines Day for a 10 day Air Assault Course
2010: Charlotte and I go to Texas to see hubby for a few days before he flies over to Kuwait.... we're together, yes... but his parents joined us in Texas
2009: It is 10 days before I had Charlotte AND Hubby is at a 2 week army drill... I ended up going to Lindsay's for dinner because her hubby was out of town at work
2008: By this time we have determined that Valentines Day was NOT our holiday, so apparently Hubby had rugby practice
2007: A good friend of ours, Lindsay, was living with us temporarily while her and her husband were in the process of moving to the area... so it was a romantic dinner for... er... 3
2006: This was before we got married so I was living in Miami and fiance was up here
2005: I was in Clemson, boyfriend was in Texas at Army Officer Basic Course
2004: We had recently started dating and boyfriend had an away rugby game... although for this year he DID make it back to his apartment by 11:30pm ...

Happy Valentine's Day!!
Linking up: My Girlish Whims
Gingersnap Crafts , Trophy Wife, 
Elizabeth and Co , Someday Crafts , Little Lucy Lu , 
A round Tuit 
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Your little girls shirts are so adorable! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh those shirts are freaking presh. i want one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute stuff. My hubby's in the Air Force. We usually manage to be together on V-day-it's just not our anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those mailboxes are too cute! I love the matching shirts too. I am bad- I didn't get Zane dressed up. I wish I did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds pretty perfect to me! And your girls look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those doily t-shirts!

    Your valentines day sounds like ours! always something else going on!!!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...