Thursday, January 14, 2016

{Pinned there, Done That} Crockpot White Bean Chicken Chili

I found this recipe from Baked in the South on a blog post about crockpot freezer meals... and I kept losing the recipe, so I'm going to share it as one of my {Pinned There, Done That} posts!
I threw in a can of red beans instead of only white beans this time

White Chicken Chili
src: Baked in the South
2 T. olive oil
1 T corn starch
1 medium onion chopped
1 can chopped green chilis, drained
2 cans white beans (drained)
2 t. cumin
2 t. chili powder
1 lb chicken tenders
2 cups chicken stock
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper
Place all ingredients except chicken stock in large freezer bag, toss to coat and freeze.
When ready, place ingredients in slow cooker, add chicken stock and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
Remove chicken, shred & return to crockpot.  Serve with warm cornbread.

The Verdict?
It is super simple, has great flavor, and my 3 children (and hubby) eat it.
We have it like every other week, I highly recommend it!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...