Friday, January 24, 2014

{Pinned there, Done that} Crock Pot Pesto Ranch Chicken Thighs

I just signed the girls up for ballet, and to my dismay they are NOT in the same class; not even on the same day. I tried my hardest to avoid going to the same activity place twice in a week until they were older. I mean seriously, the girls are only 3 and 4, but oh well. They are enjoying ballet for now so I'll roll with it.

With one getting out at 5:30pm one day and the other getting out at 6:15pm (not to mention getting back to the car and driving home), dinners those nights were going to be late! So I started perusing pinterest for some new crockpot recipes. I use my crockpot, just not nearly as much as I ought to.

I struck gold with my first one; Crock Pot Pesto Ranch Chicken Thighs from Picky Palate (pin). My normally picky 13 month old DEVOURED this chicken (as did the 3 and 4 year olds). It was tender  and flavorful! I highly recommend this recipe.

The recipe is below in case it gets lost in blogland...
Crock Pot Pesto Ranch Chicken Thighs

Ingredients
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
6 ounce jar of pesto
1 package Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix
1/2 cup chicken broth
Directions
Turn crock pot to high setting. Place chicken thighs, pesto, ranch dressing and chicken broth into crock pot. Stir gently to combine all seasonings. Close with lid and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
Serve with a side of mashed potatoes and a simple salad.
Makes 8 servings
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...