Friday, September 28, 2012

{Pinned there, Done that} Cheesy Mushroom Bread

Another pin  has been moved to the Completed Pin's Board on Pinterest... what what!

Actually, truth be told, I found this pin for Cheesy Mushroom Pull Apart bread from Bean Town Baker a few months back... and have made it like 4 times so far. It was AMAZING! I am only NOW posting about it :)

First, I made it for an evening playdate at my house when hubby was off playing army and I had some moms and kids over. HUGE hit! Then I shared it with my mom who made it for her neighborhoods monthly cocktail party (PS how cool is that?! When I retire I want to live somewhere that all the neighbors get together and throw monthly cocktails parties). Even my dad, ye of few words regarding food, commented on how good it was. So then I decided to make it for my brother and future sister-in-laws "Day at the Lake" bridal shower... again, HUGE hit! Then I brought it to one of our Junior League Salad Suppers (which is a party we have for some girls in the community that are interested in joining the Junior League) and they liked it so much I brought it to another Salad Supper.


It goes without saying that I am a fan of this recipe... and so is everyone who I have shared it with!

Here you go... in case the original post goes missing:

Compliments of Bean Town Baker
Cheesey Mushroom Pull Apart Bread
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
For the Mushrooms
  • 12 oz sliced mushrooms
  • 1 Tbsp butter
  • 1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
For the Bread
  • 1 unsliced loaf sourdough bread
  • 12 ounces Provolone cheese, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup finely diced green onion
  • 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
Instructions
For the Mushrooms
Heat a medium skillet on medium. Add the butter. Once the butter is melted, add the mushrooms. Cook 4-5 minutes until they start to sweat. Add the thyme and continue to cook another 2-3 minutes.
Set mushrooms aside and allow to cool.
For the Bread
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise without cutting through the bottom crust. This can be a little tricky going the second way but the bread is very forgiving.
Place loaf on a foil-lined baking sheet.
Insert cheese slices between cuts. Pour the mushrooms between the cuts. Use your fingers to push the mushrooms down into the loaf.
Combine butter, onion, and poppy seeds. Drizzle over bread. Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Unwrap the bread and bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...