Monday, January 31, 2011

2 easy crafts in 1 day!!

I was recently introduced to this thing called Freezer Paper Stenciling, actually... I found it because I started to read my friend, Emily's, blog: La Force Be With You, and she posted about it and I was immediately intrigued by the idea. I am always looking for fun new crafty things to do. You never know when all this crafty stuff may come in handy (especially with little ones).
Turns out all you need is a shirt (check), freezer paper (check), and fabric paint (check), woo hoo!! Well, it also helps to have a Silhouette machine (no check on that), but I really only wanted to do a a mickey head on a onesie so I had my handy dandy exacto knife. All I did was print out a mickey head, trace over the design on the freezer paper and voila, I have a pattern. Then I put the shiny side down (psst, this is important!! otherwise the freezer paper may stick to your iron), and proceed to iron your pattern onto your shirt. After a coat or two of the fabric paint I was done!
Here is the final product:





I mean how easy is that?!



My Second craft of the day, well... it's not really a craft, it's more of a thing I've been meaning to do for, oh... 4 months now :) But it's done now!!! In Charlotte's room my dad built her a shelf to put all her toys on, and we bought some of those cheap collapsible boxes that you can find at target and walmart, etc. The only problem is trying to put everything away. She's got so many playmobil, little people, roll around balls, blocks, flash cards that you have to pull out every box to figure out where this stuff goes. Again, it's not THAT big a deal, but I've wanted to do this for a while... so I did it!


I used some old scrapbooking paper, printed out the labels, laminated them, and attached them to the boxes. In total, about a 10 minute (ok... maybe 15 with Charlotte helping me glue) job and voila... project #2 of the day is complete!


2 comments:

  1. Love it!! Jillie will look so adorable! I bet that is going to be a wonderful b'day party for Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome awesome job with the Minnie party!!! I was throwing a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse party for my 2 year old daughter at the same time. She prefers Mickey, so I focused on both Mickey & Minnie. I couldn't find any black foam for the ears so I used black felt - I think the foam looks a lot better! I also made a t-shirt dress with the Mickey ears on the front. I hope to get my posts up soon, hope you'll check them out!
    Jess
    jbeedelightful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...