Sunday, July 8, 2012

MooreBabies Gender Reveal Party!

One of these days I am going to catch up on, well... everything! It's been a busy few weeks, but that's besides the point.

YESTERDAY we had our gender reveal party for #3! For #1, I didn't want to find out, but hubby insisted. For #2, hubby was deployed and finding out just made it easier on me. SO for the third, it was MY CHOICE, and I wanted to have a Gender Reveal Party. I had first heard about these parties right after #2 was born and I knew I wanted to have one for our next child!

I had known about the cake, where you cut the cake and the cake itself is either pink or blue.  But THEN I came across a pin from pinterest (while not even looking for it) that showed a photo shoot reveal where they had helium balloons in a large cardboard box and opened the box to see what color came out. How fun right?! So I figured those were my two options.

For having wanted to do one of these for a while, I didn't do ANY research until this past Thursday (slacker!) because (a) before vacation I was busy planning a couples bridal shower and (b) we were waiting to see if the ultrasound tech could find out the gender before planning (#2 was uncooperative during the ultrasound).

So once we got the OK from the tech, I sent out a last minute evite to a small low-key Saturday BBQ Lunch/ Pool/ Gender Reveal Party and ended up with 13 adults and 14 kids (phew! Not as small as I thought, but still fun!)

For some reason I ALWAYS have to write a poem when it comes to parties (luau, Christmas, etc) so here was the poem I wrote:

The doctors saw,
and we will soon, too,
if pinks in our future
or maybe its blue.

Join us this weekend
for a BBQ lunch
there'll be beer and wine
(for the kids, fruit punch)

So now is your time
to make your pick,
another girl for the Moore's,
or a junior Eric.

Wear your guess,
either pink or blue,
and bring a snack for
all to share too.

Then of course was the 4th of July, so that took precedence and I took a break from party planning. But I picked up again late Thursday and Friday.

The Dessert Table

Menu
Aside from the desserts, I made hamburgers (prepped in advance with green peppers and onions mixed in) and hot dogs; all the guests brought a side, snack, or dessert!

Easy!

Now onto the party
Pink and Blue table
* Chocolate drizzled pretzles covered in pink or blue sprinkles *
* Red (I tried to find pink...) and blue jello *
* Pink and blue dipped marshmallow pops *

He or She candy bars!
* I used sharpies for this *

Pink and Blue Candy
Hershey's Bliss Chocolates - Dark (pink) and milk (blue)
Raspberry Dark m&m's and York Peppermint Patty Pieces

Drinks
Blue Hawaiian Punch - I'm not gonna lie, there's not a lot of blue drinks out there
Pink lemonade

Leis for guests to "pick sides"
 and finally...

The wrapped box of balloons

The reveal


Someone edited my "boy or girl" sign on their way out!

Here is what I posted to facebook (after I stopped laughing at the fact that we were having our THIRD girl... poor super outnumbered hubby)!


There were 2, but pink I see, now our count of girls is 3!

Linking up: DIY Showoff , Creating my way to SuccessMaking the World Cuter,  Our Delightful HomeBlackberry Vine,  Elizabeth and CoVintage Wanna BeeChef in TrainingHomeworkShwin and Shwin,  Not Just a Housewife, Sew Much Ado, 

Trophy Wife, My Girlish Whims, DIY by Design, Momnivores Dilemma, 
Vintage Gwen, Someday Crafts, Dragonfly Designs, Trendy Treehouse, Delicate Construction, 
Sun Scholars, Happy Go Lucky,

Featured:
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Congrats Stevie!!! That is such a great way to find out the gender!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! What a great idea for a party - such a fun thing to do! Hope all is going well!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful!! Congrats girl!! (I seriously can't remember if I've said congrats already!) Love your Hershey bar idea!! Pinning that sucker right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! So much fun how you made the party of it. We always had everyone come dressed in blue or pink depending on what they thought it was. We would then open up our jackets to show the color of our shirts with the statement, "It's a Girl!" I just love the fun of it all. I'm glad you are still having fun wiht it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like so much fun! Congrats to you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The He or She candy bars are such a cute idea! Congrats on a babygirl :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is all so cute! You almost make me want to have another baby. I will share this with my pregnant friend though.Just found you from Moitivate Monday. Love for you to stop by and return the follow. I am following GFC.

    I am hosting Mom's Monday Mingle. YOu are welcome to link up ;) We have over 150 mom blogs so far!
    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Stevie!! The party looks like it was amazing and I love all the food ideas you came up with.

    Thanks so much for leaving a lovely comment on our blog!! I'm so glad you did as now I have found your fantastic blog...can't wait to catch up on all of your posts!!!

    Best wishes to you and your family from Australia,
    Tani:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun! So did you and you already know before the party? or did someone else set up the box for you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this idea and it's definitely something I want to do when we have our next baby.

    It's a great interactive way to include guests and so much more interesting than the normal shower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what fun! Congratulations on baby girl #3!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Your party looks like fun. So, did both you and your husband know the gender or did he prepare the balloon box as a surprise for you?

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is super adorable! We are doing a gender reveal party as well. And I can't wait!!!!! I love the rhyme on your invites. Everything looked so pretty and fun. Congrats on another girl!!!!
    I'm a new follower now too

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing at Snips & Spice Sunday Slice. I featured you this week! Congratulations as well. Girls are so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...