Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Eve {somewhat} Disappointment

Don't get me wrong, I had a fun New Years Eve.

Hubby and I went to our friends house for "New Years Stuffed Shells" (a tradition of theirs) and then we went to an Irish pub for a few drinks and ended up at a club/bar place ($20 cover, ugh!) for the remainder of the night.

Why am I disappointed you ask? This is the first time, ever since I can remember being up for New Years Eve, that I have missed seeing the ball drop. The very first time. They handed out champagne glasses and did a count down... but I did not see a TV anywhere. I mean, isn't that the point of NYE? Watching the ball drop? Oh well.
Src
When I was young (up until middle school) I went over to my best girlfriend, Jessica's, Aunt's house for New Years Eve (how Aunt Susie got suckered into watching Jessica, her sister, and myself all those years I'll never know). Aunt Susie had munchies, sparkling cider, and fake beer (we thought we were so cool) and we would watch hang out, play games, and watch Grease (for some reason Greece was on for a few years running on NYE at 11pm or so). Then they would interrupt the movie to say how much time until the ball drop and at a few minutes til midnight we would all run downstairs to the TV, do the countdown, toast, and run outside banging pots and wooden spoons together. We had a blast.

The end of middle school and first year of High School, we would go run around our towns "First Night". It was awesome. They had bounce houses, comedians, musicians, we even saw a hypnotist once. The town showed the ball drop.

Then came the parties in High School; 4 years running at my girlfriend, Jen's, parents house. Crazy high school parties (that never got busted by the cops surprisingly); even then we would stop everything and all eyes would be on the ball dropping on the TV.

One winter break home from college we did New Years Eve in a barn.
Barn NYE

Since college graduation we've done it big at super expensive fancy shmancy dress up parties in Atlanta, a Bowl Game, and City Walk in Disney (which was AWESOME!!). We have also done it small, at adult house parties. We even stayed home one year when hubby was sick. Every single year I have seen a ball drop... except this one.


I'm not super disappointed, I mean we had a great time with our friends. I'm just kind of let down.

NYE 2011

Resolution #1: Make sure I see the ball drop in 2012 :)

Hope everyone had a fantastic New Years Eve!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Well, you should be proud of yourself, Stevie ... at least you were actually AWAKE at midnight!! :)~
    I, on the other hand, had already been asleep for an hour and a half! :-)
    Happy New Year!
    ~Bec :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jody said the same thing. It was like 5-4-3-2-1 what? Already? Where is the ball? They had TVs but all they showed was a numbered countdown... :-/ Pretty wierd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I even missed the numbered countdown too. There's always next year!

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...