I decided to personalize the to do list by adding a picture to the background! Plus... if this actually turned out, it would be cute for gifts for the grandparents, and heck... maybe a cute wedding gift with their new monogram in the background... OK I'm getting ahead of myself. Back to the project at hand....
Just so you know where we are going... here is my final product:
And HERE is how I did it...
1. I opened photoshop and created a new document 8 x 10 inches with a dpi of 300.
2. Then, I created the header:
|layer 1 for header|
- I used the pencil tool at size 343, and eyeballed it to dot across
4. I added the text "Things to do" using pharmacy font (it's a free downloaded font)
5. For the lines, I took the pencil tool at size 8 or so (or however thick you want the line), and drew a straight line across. (Hint: click where you want your line to start, then holding the ctrl key drag across to the end... you will get a straight line)
6. From here I just right clicked the layer and selected Duplicate Layer. Then I moved the line down to where I wanted it. I did this one more time so I had 3 layers, each with a line, at the distance apart I wanted them.
7. Then I did the duplicate Layer process to the layer called "lines" (with the 3 lines on it) a few times until you have lines going all the way down. Then merge those layers together into the one layer called "lines".
I set the opacity to 29% (circled in red) because I didn't like the harsh black.
I found the box I wanted in the font "Wingdings", then I clicked "Copy"
Do the same process with the boxes as you did with the lines (duplicate layer, move to where you want it, duplicate layer, move, merge down, etc).
Rename your layer boxes (I set my opacity for this layer to 29% again)
Create a new layer, and copy and paste in any picture you want.
I set my opacity to 51%
Otherwise you can go and sent your 8x10 off to get printed somewhere.
Voila! Here is my brand new to-do list.
Hope this wasn't too confusing! Enjoy!
Linking up: Keeping it Simple, marvelously messy, A round Tuit, Lamb Around, Making the world Cuter, Running with Glitter, Sarahndipities, Nifty Thrifty Things, Vintage Wanna Bee, Homework, Not Just a Housewife, Someday Crafts, Sweet Peas and Bumble Bees, handy man crafty woman, Sew Much Ado, a bowl full of lemons, Gluesticks, Momnivores Dilemma, Finger Prints on the Fridge, Ladybirdy Ln, Bacon time with the hungry hypo, CRAFT