I sort of cheated with February's cookie trial; I was nearing the end of the month (um... maybe THE last day of the month) and STILL hadn't made cookies, so I checked my pantry and found a box of Duncan Hines Red Velvet Decadent Brownie mix and saw a recipe for the Red Velvet Glazed Cookies and I was sold. As a bonus, I had all the ingredients necessary: boxed brownie mix, eggs, lemon peel, and butter.
We thought the cookies were fabulous... we didn't think so much of the cream cheese glaze. Luckily, I only glazed half of the cookies because the hubs wasn't so sure about the cream cheese icing. Phew! But seriously, the cookies were great!
Red Velvet Glazed Cookies (src)
1 package Duncan Hines® Red Velvet Decadent Brownie Mix
6 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 tsp. grated lemon peel
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Set aside cream cheese packet.
2. Combine brownie mix, butter, eggs and lemon peel in large bowl with wooden spoon until blended.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
4. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool cookies 1 minute on pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
5. Cut the cream cheese packet according to package directions and drizzle over cookies.
* Baking Tip: Use a 1 to 1-1/4-inch scoop to form dough into balls. For best results, bake one baking sheet at a time. If baking two sheets together, rotate pans halfway through baking.
2 thumbs up (minus the glaze).