I saw this pin from The Pioneer Woman the other day and decided to go out on a limb and try something new as a side. It did NOT disappoint. I was running short on time and did not boil them long enough, so be careful about that... but they were still yummy!
These were so yummy and crispy -- everyone loved them.
Crash Hot Potatoes
src: The Pioneer Woman
12 whole New Potatoes (or Other Small Round Potatoes)
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Kosher Salt To Taste
Black Pepper To Taste
Rosemary (or Other Herbs Of Choice) To Taste
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in as many potatoes as you wish to make and cook them until they are fork-tender.
2. On a sheet pan, generously drizzle olive oil. Place tender potatoes on the cookie sheet leaving plenty of room between each potato.
3. With a potato masher, gently press down each potato until it slightly mashes, rotate the potato masher 90 degrees and mash again. Brush the tops of each crushed potato generously with more olive oil.
4. Sprinkle potatoes with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and fresh chopped rosemary (or chives or thyme or whatever herb you have available.)
5. Bake in a 450 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.