Friday, April 13, 2012

Got Rotten Bananas?! {Recipe}

What else are you going to do with rotten overripe bananas?

Make Banana Bread.

Here is our family's Banana Pudding Bread


1/2 cup butter - softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 Large Eggs
2 Cups All purpose flower
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
30 vanilla wafers (I used Cinnamon graham crackers this time.. yum!)- finely crushed (1 cup + 1 tbl)
1 cup mashed, ripe banana (I added half a cup more or so)
1/2 cup milk
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Beat butter at medium speed until creamy.
Gradually add sugar, beating well.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each.

Combine flower and next three ingredients.
Add to creamed mixture alternately with banana
and milk, beginning and ending with flower mixture.
Mix at low speed after each addition.

Stir in nuts.

Spoon batter into greased and flowered 9x5x3 loaf pan.

Bake 350 degrees, 55 min to an hour until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Loosely cover with foil after 45 min of baking

Let cool in pan for 10 min.
Remove from pan and let cool completely.

Enjoy!

Linking up: Tatertots and Jello. ,Young & Crafty,  Crafty Moms Share, Nifty Thrifty Things, I heart naptime, Blackberry Vine, Sarahndipities, Trophy Wife, Rae Gun Ramblings, Gingersnap Crafts, DIY By Design,  My Girlish Whims, Twin Dragonfly Designs, Trendy Treehouse,  Handyman Crafty Woman,Sew Much Ado, Blue Cricket Design, Momnivores Dilemma, Gluesticks


Featured:

 Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. oh yes! this is great, we always have ripe bananas and just make the boring bread! I am so going to try this next time around! Thank you!! Pinning it now! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always looking for ways to use up old bananas-thanks for posting this yummy recipe! I can't wait to try it.

    My weekly Say G'day Saturday Linky Party is on now and I would be so thrilled if you could pop by and link up this delicious post!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really good! I'll be trying this by substituting fat free yogurt for the butter and low fat graham crackers, and egg beaters :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum this looks and sounds delish! Thanks for sharing the recipe! I'd love it if you'd stop by my blog to check out the giveaway I'm having for a Ramsign Home Sign!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recipe! I just happen to have some bananas that I was about to throw out. I think I'll make your recipe instead!!! Pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds delicious!! I love making banana muffins or banana bread with my overripe bananas. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you are having an amazing week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Usually, I made banana bread when I have old bananas, but I like this twist on my normal recipe. Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just the name makes me want to make it. It sounds delish. Thanks for sharing.Visiting from Wicked Awesome Wednesday. Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks really good, what a perfect use for overripe bananas! I would love if you would share this and any other posts at Showcase Your Talent Thursday http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/04/showcase-your-talent-thursday-3.html. I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    I followed you over from Wow Me Wednesday and I actually have WAY overripe bananas on the counter because I am Banana Breaded out. Can't wait to try this new recipe.

    I would love to invite you to share this, and any other posts you would like to, at my Creative Thursday Link Party at www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. (Link up until Monday 4-23-12)

    Have a great day,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great recipe. I will be featuring it tonight at my Swing into Spring party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm impressed, I must say. Seldom do I encounter a blog that's
    both equally educative and amusing, and without a doubt,
    you have hit the nail on the head. The issue is something that too few people are speaking intelligently
    about. Now i'm very happy I stumbled across this during my hunt for something relating to this.

    my website :: youtube bot

    ReplyDelete
  13. Howdy! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us so I came to look it over.
    I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting
    this to my followers! Great blog and fantastic design and style.


    Here is my weblog: Platinum miscrits

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...