Strawberry Shortcake Birthday Cake
Ok, I'm not gonna lie... I'm really proud of this cake.
Like, SUPER proud of this cake.
So much so, that I would like to share with you how I did it.
1. Start with a strawberry cake (boxed... which was FANTASTIC!!)
2. Put on a crumb coat using whatever icing you want. I used canned because I didn't feel like making half a dozen batches of icing. This was buttercream.
3. I baked a white 8"x8" cake (plus a dozen cupcakes) because I figured that not everyone would really like strawberry cake. Once cooled, I cut 1/3 off, then cut that 1/3 in half.
step 4 on Wilton's site (or after googling, this method looks awesome). I also added the icing for the pond...
7. ... then smooth the pond out and added the pathway (PS I used valentine's m&ms)
tip 33. And then I took a break because my hand got sore. Back to the fridge went the cake.
9. Finally, I added in some color with some flowers; I made drop flowers (yellow) with tip 18 I believe and I made rosettes with tip 16.
Now we are ready for PARTY DAY!
but with 17 3 year olds hovering around begging for cake, I had to give in.
Linking up: Crafty Mom Share, Young & Crafty, Tatertots and Jello, Lolly Jane, Around Tuit, Under the Table Dreaming, Crafts Keep me Sane, CRAFT, The Girl Creative, Delicate Construction, Making the World Cuter, Homework, Not just a Housewife, A Bowl ful of Lemons, Chef in Training, Vintage Wanna Bee, Blackberry Vine, Gluesticks, Our Delightful Home