Wednesday, April 9, 2014

{Pinned there, Done That} Zucchini Pizza Bites


I served these Zucchini Pizza Bites that I found at The Comfort of Cooking the other day with a crockpot chicken recipe that I was trying. I LOVED them. Hubby was getting home later so I had to take 4 off the plate, to save for him, otherwise I would have eaten them all. My 3 year old is on an "I don't like pizza" kick (weird... I know), so she refused to eat them; My 5 year old wasn't a HUGE fan, but ate them when I bribed her with dessert. When the hubby finally got home and got to eat dinner, I warned him that the zucchini were probably better fresh out of the oven, but he liked them. Actually his exact words were, "wow... those zucchini things are really pretty good!". We will add these to our rotation and work on our kids to actually eat them!

Zucchini Pizza Bites
Original recipe
INGREDIENTS:
2 large zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
Nonstick cooking spray
Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
1/4 cup marinara sauce
1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
1/4 cup mini pepperoni pieces, optional
Italian seasoning, for sprinkling

DIRECTIONS:
Spray both sides of zucchini rounds lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil or grill the zucchini rounds for 2 minutes on each side.

Place cooked zucchini rounds on a large lined baking sheet. Top with small amounts of sauce, cheese and pepperoni pieces, if desired. Broil for an additional 1-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted, careful not to burn. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and serve warm.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...