This is DEFINITELY a keeper in our books!
Hubby loved it :D
I came across this recipe for Avocado Chicken Parm (pin) from Cuisine Paradise and decided it would be a fun change-up for typical Chicken Parm.
It did not disappoint. Unfortunately, our avocados were a touch hard.... but that was ok. Still tasted good.
Incase this recipe gets lost somewhere...
Avocado Chicken Parm
source: Cuisine Paradise
2 Chicken Breast Fillets, halved lengthways
1/2 Cup Plain Flour
2 Tablespoons Fresh Milk
1 1/2 Cups Dried Breadcrumbs
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil/Cooking Spray
1/2 Cup Tomato Pasta Sauce
2 Avocado, Sliced
1/2 Cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese
Salad Green, to serve
1. Place chicken breast in a clear plastic bag(alternatively between 2 sheets plastic wrap), using a rolling pin or meat mallet pound until 0.5cm thick.
2. Place flour and breadcrumbs on two separate plate and lightly whisk milk and egg together in a shallow bowl.
3. Coat 1 piece of chicken breast in flour(shaking off excess), dip in egg mixture then coat in breadcrumbs using your fingertips pressing on to secure.
4. Place on prepared baking tray lay with foil or baking paper, repeat the same process with the remaining chicken breast with flour, egg and etc.
5. Lightly spray or brush the prepared chicken with oil, bake for 8 minutes(turning after 4 minutes to have evenly colours on the breadcrumbs) in preheated 200 degree Celsius(392°Fahrenheit) fan-forced oven.
6. Remove from oven and spread each chicken breast with 1 heaped tablespoon of pasta sauce. Arrange avocado slices over sauce and sprinkle with decent amount of mozzarella cheese.
7. Return to oven and bake for another 5 - 7 minutes or until golden and chicken is cooked through.
8. Serve with either garden salad or use it as a main topping on cooked pasta.